Tips for Building Links for your Blog
Once you start blogging and want to become more serious about making money off of your blog you’re going to need to know how to build links for your blog. Links and content are the two most important things you’ll need to do for your blog and they’ll both take lots of time. In this article we’re going to look at some tips you can use when building links to your blog. Try implementing as many of these tips as you possibly can because they will all help you out.
• Make sure that you build links to your blog on a consistent basis. This means you should build links to your blog on a weekly basis and nothing longer then that. Don’t build a bunch of links one day and then stop for a couple weeks because the search engines will think your links are unnatural. As your blog ages you can build more links just make sure there all natural links.
• Always spread your anchor texts around and use a lot of different ones when building links. You want to use your main ones more often then others, but don’t just use a couple anchor texts. The search engines will think you’re trying to rank for the keyword unnaturally and punish your blog. If you use different anchor texts when building links you shouldn’t face this problem.
• Use as many different types of websites you can for your link building campaign. There are thousands of different websites where you can build links to your blog and you should spread your links around so they seem like there just coming naturally. The more variety you use when building your links the stronger rankings you’ll start experiencing.
• Don’t build links on link farms or anything that looks like a link farm. The search engines are very capable of finding these link farms and will ban your site from their listings. Most blog networks selling posts with duplicate content are considered link farms so be weary when buying these links for your blog.
• You can use automated software for building links to directories and social bookmarking websites, but there is a possibility of being banned in the search engine listings so be aware of this. There are plenty of people using these software programs without issues though so you can try them at your own risk.
There are plenty of other tips I could list for building links but you can implement these into your daily life and you’ll be well on your way. Always make sure you’re careful about building links because if you build links in a bad area you could get punished months down the road and all your work would be down the drain. I typically stick with directory submissions, social bookmarking and links from other blogs. I also use forum signatures for building quick links to my blogs and getting them indexed in the search engines. Make sure it’s a respected forum before using it for signature links because if you don’t then it could hurt your site instead of help your website.