Installing a WordPress Theme Yourself
Having a WordPress theme for your blog can be a really good decision because an apt theme conveys two things: 1- You care a lot about the presentation of your blog. 2- You want the visitor or reader of your blog to derive the maximum utility or value from your blog through interaction and good user-experience.
Here is how you can install a WordPress theme.
1. Go to a blog or website that is known for WordPress themes. There are some of them who charge you to download the themes, those are high quality and are of the premium variety. It Is up to you if you want a free WordPress theme or buy one. Go to the category that is in sync with the theme of your blog, check the ‘demo’ to see how the theme may look on your blog.
2. Download the theme; it will be downloaded in the zipped format. Copy it to the wp-content or the ‘themes’ directory. You will find this folder in the location where you had installed WordPress.3. Now unzip the zipped file that has the theme.
4. Once you have unzipped, you will find a directory listed as wp-content/themes/theme_file, apart from the existing directory.
5. Now you can choose to retain the theme_file.zip or take it off.
6. Go to the WordPress Administrative Panel and choose Appearance.
7. The newly installed theme should be present. Now you just have to activate it, and you are all set to see the new theme on your blog.
There is also another option that will tell you how to install a WordPress theme. Use the built-in theme uploader, which can be accessed directly from the WordPress Administration Panel. Go to the appearance section in WordPress and choose the ‘theme’ section. Once there, you can click on ‘add new them’ to get started.