How to Install a New WordPress Theme With FileZilla and Cpanel
How to Install a New WordPress Theme with FileZilla and Cpanel.
It’s Great that you’ve installed your new WordPress software in your domain. But you need to change the generic wordpress themes with customized theme to make your blog beautiful and full of different functional capabilities.
You can install your new wordpress theme with Filezilla which is recommended or the Cpanel which is the more tedious part. Now lets begin;
Option 1:How to install your New WordPress theme with FileZilla
* Download your WordPress Theme and Unzip. Save in a location on your computer.
* First, download the FTP which will be FileZilla and run. To access your web files, log in the FTP with your webhost address, your username, and password. The default Port connection is 21 but you can leave it empty. Then connect.
* After successfully connecting, you will be able to see the files on y our computer in the left window and your webhost root document files in the Remote site which is on the right.
* Locate your saved unzipped WordPress Theme.
* Go over to the remote server on the right of the FTP and open the public_html folder, which contains your root document files. If you have installed your new wordpress theme on your domain, then you would see the wordpress files and folders and also the “”theme”” folder where the new wordpress theme should go.
* Drag the new unzipped wordpress folder to the theme folder. The file transfer then starts.
* After completing the file transfer, head over to your wordpress dashboard by logging in to your wordpress admin site with your username and password you provided when installing your wordpress software. Go over to Design, then over to Theme and search for your New installed theme and activate. It should then be visible on your blog. If you are using older versions of wordpress you can activate your new installed theme by going to Presentation and then Theme.
* You finished a successful WordPress Installation.
Option 2:How to Install your New WordPress Theme with Cpanel.
This is one tedious task and much more stressful when you have a wordpress theme with a lot of folders and files. I would recommend you stick with the FTP option which will transfer your files faster, save you a great deal of time and does much of the job for you. If you want to learn how to use Cpanel, heres how you do it.
* Log in to your Cpanel through Cpanel webhost domain with your webhost username and password. On your Cpanel Frontpage click on File Manager or Legacy File Manager.
* Open the public_html folder by clicking the folder icon by the side and not on the public_html text itself. Doing this will show all the files and folders in the public_html and clicking the public_html text will only show you the folder properties.
* Locate the wp_content folder and open through the icon folder. Then open the Theme Folder. This is where you upload all the new wordpress theme and folders.You will be installing the wordpress theme they way the files and folders are arranged in your computer.
* Create a New Folder by clicking on the “”create a new folder”” link at the top of the folders’ display. Then create the overall theme folder with the theme name. Then open the theme folder by clicking on the folder icon. Repeat the same process with all the folders in the WordPress Theme on your computer.
* You will have to install the files in the respective folders the way it is on your computer. All you have to do is clicking “”upload files”” when you are in the Folder that contains the files originally the way it is on your computer. On the upload page, click on browse and search for the files, then upload. Remember, clicking on the file name after upload will show you the edit properties for the file and you can change the File permissions CHMOD. Repeat this sequence for all Folders that contains files the way it is on your computer.
You’ll see that what you’ve been doing is transferring the files from the computer in the hierarchical manner into your web host the way they originally are. You see that it’s more tedious unlike Filezilla that transfers the Full WordPress themes and arranges the folders and files it contains automatically.